7.24.2007

Two weeks left :o

Saturday we had a big yard sale! We sold a lot of things we had around the house but could not keep. Thanks to Becky's mom for letting us sell her stuff too. God is awesome, we made a bunch of money and got rid of almost all of our things. We also sold ALL of our furniture, now our apartment is bare! After 2pm, we left the few items we had left outside and put a big FREE sign on them. Our neighbors picked up everything but a few clothes, so we have hardly anything to drag over to the thrift store.



Sunday we went to church ...our next to last Sunday in the states :( Then we went to Becky's mom's house, she prepared an AWESOME one year anniversary dinner for us! YUM! Thanks guys, and happy one year anniversary Becky, I love you so much!

Today we moved out the last of our furniture, ran a bunch of errands, got an oil change, bought some "learn spanish" books (entiendo ingles), and bought cat carriers we can take on the plane. I also lost most of my keys, but never found them...

Tomorrow we are driving down to Angela's in West Palm Beach, should be fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky & David,

Thanks again for the lunch and wonderful mementos. I will keep you in my prayers for a fruitful journey, good health, no hurricanes, and a safe return. Becky, everytime I use one of your sticky notes at school, I'll say another little prayer ;)

Take care,
Carrollyn

Anonymous said...

Becky and Dave:

Just wanted to say God bless you on your journey! I think that it is awesome that the whole while you were frustrated last year with school, God was preparing you to do his work and share his love somewhere where you are so needed. I will miss you, Becky and all the uplifting things that you said to me to keep me going last year. I know that the two of you will grow and blossom down there and that you will be able to share God's love. Good luck and I will definitely be in touch! I was showing your blog to my youngest and he thinks that it is pretty cool. He loves the Honduras flag! Love, Mary

Rachel A. Miller said...

Hey Guys! I hope the trip was ok and that everyone is settling down ok. Hopefully the kitties are not too mad. We had such an awesome time in Florida, and I'm sad we won't be able to do that again for a while! Dave, please please post the pictures from kayaking online, or email them to me, whatever works best...I really want to have those fun memories of all of us.

Have a safe orientation to your new digs and jobs. I bet the whole experience is going to be really rewarding. Don't forget to let us know how to contact you when you get the number setup.

Love you!
Rae

RM said...

Thanks guys! I know we both really appreciated all the kindness you showed us during our trip down there!

I hope everything has gone well with your move, and that you'll both get some well deserved chill time soon.

Later,
>> Michael