9.28.2007

Something to pick you up!

This was written by a dear friend and ever-mentor, Barbara Robinson. She posted it to the comments, but I love it so much and I don't think that everyone that reads the website reads the comments, so I wanted to post it here for all to read!

Love you Barb!!! So glad to hear that you are loving where you are - that makes 2 of us, God is SO FAITHFUL, and I am so glad He put you where you can shine for Him!! You are a blessing!! Keep on posting! :)
(I love you so much too, Carrollyn!!, you just didn't write a poem... :) jk)

God’s Love is Grander than the Grand Canyon!!
**********************************************
God’s love is as wide and deep and great as the Grand Canyon He made.
His love flows like a Niagara Falls waterfall.
His light shines like a Key West sunrise.
His love sparkles more than all the lights in Las Vegas.
But His love is true and steady, instead of glittering and flickering false hope.
Nothing is grander than our own Lord, not even the Grand Canyon He personally created!
Like an expansive canyon view, or an ocean-front view, His love spreads and expands throughout all eternity with no end in sight.
All you have to do is invite Him in as your personal Lord and savior, trust Him, and He will be your guiding light, outshining the glitter of Hollywood and Vegas.

©Barbara Robinson, July 19, 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Robie and David, I was so happy and excited to hear from you both. I miss you guys more than you could ever imagine. You both sound happy and excited to be in Honduras and Iam happy for both of you. I know you both are doing something very important and I am very proud of you. Let me have your number as soon as you guys have one. love for now. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky!

No, I'm not a poet, but I do appreciate yours and David's calling to work in Honduras. I'm glad the weather has improved and you can settle into a routine. Take care...and keep posting.

Your Sticky Note Pal

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

It's been a while since I've checked in. Thank you so much for posting my poem, though I'm not a poet either, but I do enjoy trying :), where others could see it. I guess you could tell I was really inspired when I penned that poem, that true poets would probably find a lot of fault with, but it came from my heart.

I'm glad to hear you and Dave are doing well and happy where you are. I am so glad it was only a jellyfish that got Dave, but I have heard they can do a lot of painful damage. I'm glad he's okay.

Yes, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers and thank you so much for your encouragement. You have made a difference in my life too. You might say that there were times when the mentee mentored the mentor :).

God bless you all. Carrolly has my email if you want to email me.

Love and prayers,
Barb