9.04.2007

Felix...

So, apparently with Dean, we hadn't seen our last hurricane here in Honduras... this time the hurricane is coming much closer and it's worse, but we're safe. We are staying with Pastor Ken's wife and 3 kids part to be connected and part to help her out since Pastor Ken is away on Costa Rica for language school. We had a close call as the roof/patio was flooding and we were worried that the water would start pouring down the stairs into the living room. Griselda and I were bailing water while David found the clog in the pipe... to make a long story short, we were able to drain the water and then the rain slowed a lot. At this moment, the rain is very slow and there is little or no wind. It shouldn't be too bad, so don't worry about us! The kitties and we are safe, sound, and even dry! Praise be to God!!! I don't know exactly what to expect from the storm from this point forward, but if it gets worse we'll let you know! We love you and miss you and hope that you're all doing well!
love, Dave and Becky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Roe, Sorry I missed your phone calls, I was being tutored early this morning and in class this afternoon. Iam glad you all are safe. Call me when you can. Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

We are keeping you in our prayers. Hurricane season peaks on Sept. 10th, so hopefully you won't have anymore. Take care,

Carrollyn

Anonymous said...

Becky and Dave,

I am glad you two are safe and sound. Praise God! Becky I gave Carrollyn my home email addy if you want to contact me when you can spare the time. I wish I could have seen you before you left. I want you to know I took your advice, the advice of my mentee, and I went back to teach this year at my former school. I am teaching regular intensive reading classes of 6'th, 7'th, and 8'th graders mixed. I feel God has truly blessed me in bringing me home, a temporary home school for the time being. I love my schedule. I love my classes. My students are good! God has truly blessed me! Praise God! I wrote a poem this summer during my travels,and I would like to share it with you. I hope you won't mind. Take care. I will pray that God keeps you safe in the protection of His front and rear guard! Love and prayers, Barb

God’s Love is Grander than the Grand Canyon!!

God’s love is as wide and deep and great as the Grand Canyon He made.
His love flows like a Niagara Falls waterfall.
His light shines like a Key West sunrise.
His love sparkles more than all the lights in Las Vegas.
But His love is true and steady, instead of glittering and flickering false hope.
Nothing is grander than our own Lord, not even the Grand Canyon He personally created!
Like an expansive canyon view, or an ocean-front view, His love spreads and expands throughout all eternity with no end in sight.
All you have to do is invite Him in as your personal Lord and savior, trust Him, and He will be your guiding light, outshining the glitter of Hollywood and Vegas.


©Barbara Robinson, July 19, 2007

Barbara Robinson, NBCT
6'th, 7'th, & 8'th Grade Intensive Reading
M.S. Education: CIA, Walden University
Author & Educator
http://home.comcast.net/~sunflower05/CalledtoPeaceindex.html




• The Christian Writers Guild is the place to gain one-on-one writing guidance and encouragement!
• Another avenue for one-on-one writing mentor experience! Long Ridge Writers Group (LRWG)
• American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW, where Christian writers mentor one another!
• International Reading Association (IRA)

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I hope all is well with you and Dave. I check in to hear from you ever so often. I miss you. I pray for you. I know you are making differences!

Love Barb