12.14.2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Things are winding down as the end of the quarter approaches. We are preparing for quarter exams as well as the trip back home. Everything seems to be working out wonderfully!

We had a semi-emergency – even though the rainy season is winding down, a bog storm came by and dumped a ton of rain on us. Places in the city that don’t normally flood were flooded and some houses were even underwater. Being on the 2nd story, we never really have to worry about it, but many others are affected. Remember them in your prayers and also pray for some new/improved infrastructure so that in the future, rains aren’t as devastating as they currently are.

Also, I (Becky) had a great opportunity to minister to one of my students the other day. She is often picked on and struggles with insecurity (sound familiar??). I was able to tell her a bit about how it was for me growing up and reassure her that God does, indeed, love her and that it gets better! It’s pretty cool to finally see at least one good thing come out of the trash that was my life in 7th grade!

We’re going to Florida for Christmas!!! Yay for seeing family and getting a break! We need it! We should be going out on the boat and everything, which would be awesome. We’re so grateful to my Mom and Paul for helping us out and giving us a place to stay!

Well, God bless you all and in case we don’t blog again until afterwards…


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, will you be in Central Florida?? Email me and let me know if we can get together. I'll call Trina, too.

Carrollyn
carrollyn16@earthlink.net

B. J. Robinson said...

Hi Becky and Dave,

I'm so glad to hear from you two through your blog. I have one at http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com/, and I'd given up on you after checking yours and not having updates. Then, I posted yours to mine and saw a new entry when I checked today! I'm so glad to hear you guys got to come to Florida for Christmas. I got to go to Louisiana and see my kids. I pray you'll have a safe return trip, and I'm so glad to hear you're doing well.

Blessings and prayers,
Sister in Christ,
Barb

B. J. Robinson said...

Okay Bekcy,
Don't stop blogging now that you've started again. I love your quote and picture. Beautiful greetings. Christmas is over, and the New Year stretches before us like a clean patch of white snow to leave our impressions. January is thought-processing time for me. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons. I love spring when the flowers bloom, the birds sing, and green shoots of grass sprout forth and grow with renewed zeal. I pray all is well with you, and you had a safe trip back from the holidays. We're beginning a busy time of year, preparing for tests as usual. Hope to hear from you soon. Please check out my blog at (http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com/).
Blessings and musings,
Barb